Vietnamese Pangasius Fish - Just A Short Story

By Silvera Food
Monday, July 1 2019, 17:50 (GMT + 7)

Here is a short story about the Pangasius life cycle of told by a Pangasius.

What is my full name? 

My full name is Pangasius hypophthalmus, yet I have so many other daily names too. For example, people usually call me Pangasius, Basa in Canada and Australia, Swai in the US, Cream Dory in Middle East, Philippines and Singapore, or even Sutchi in Singapore. Too many names, right?


Hmm, so where do other Pangasius and I live?


For as long as I can remember, we have lived together in such a large pond since we were fingerlings. So I was told that we are mostly raised 10 Mekong Delta provinces in Vietnam including An Giang, Dong Thap, Tien Giang, Can Tho, Vinh Long, Ben Tre, Hau Giang, Soc Trang, Tra Vinh and Kien Giang.
Yeah. That's me. I am cute, aren't I?

This is where I live. I am swimming and swinging somewhere in that pond. Can you spot me?. Credit: istockphoto.com

This is a minimized map of the Mekong delta. Credit: mientaynambo.com

We are feeded every day with these little pellets called commercial fish feed that look like this.
This is what we are feeded every day. Credit: thuysan247.com



We are getting our feed! Credit: thuysan247.com


When are we considered grown pangasius?

It takes us some time between 8 to 10 months to fully grow before we are ready to be harvested and become an International product proundly bearing the Vietnamese origin to markets worldwide.

We are now fully grown and ready to be harvested. Credit: thuysan247.com

And that is it. A very short story about us. If you find it story enjoyable, feel free to share with your friends and colleagues.


Have a nice day!


Silvera Food Trading Co., Ltd
Telephone: +84 937 968 548
Address: 202 Le Lai Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Email: info@silverafood.com
Website: https://www.silverafood.com/


Comments